Editing a process schedule
You edit a process schedule if you want to change the location, the date, time, or frequency of the process execution. You can use the Schedules tab to edit a process schedule.
To edit an existing process schedule
- In the Grid Manager application, select the Manage tab and then select the Schedules tab.
- Click the name of the schedule to be edited.
- Use the entry fields on the Edit Schedule page to make the changes to the schedule.
Provide general information for the schedule:
Type a description for the schedule.
Select the Process ID for the process that you want to run.
Specify the peer on which you want the process to run:
Select the peer on which the process should run:
any: process can run on any peer in the grid. The master process processor will distribute the process to the next available peer.
peer: process runs on the peer on you specify in the Peer Name field.
Select the name of the peer on which you want the process to run.
The name must match a peer on the grid on which the module is activated. This field is required if you choose peer in the Peer Location field.
- Perform one of the following actions to specify when to start the process:
- Click Start immediately to start the process when the module is activated.
- Click Start On to specify a time to start the process.
- Set how often you want the process to run: The process will run at the specified frequency until the designated end point.
- Click Run every to set a frequency in minutes and seconds.
- Click Run once every to set a frequency in hours, days, weeks, or months.
The process will run at the specified frequency until the designated end point.
- Select the time for the process to end:
- Click Run forever to run the process without a defined termination point.
- Click Stop on to set a date and time at which to stop the process. When you select this option, the current date and time populate the entry. Use the MM/DD/YYYY format to change the value.
- Click After N runs to designate a fixed number of occurrences for the process.
- Click OK to save the changes to the process schedule and return to the Schedules screen.