Before contacting BMC Customer Support, gather as much of the following information as possible to help Customer Support troubleshoot the problem.
- The version of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform that you are using, found in the following locations:
- To the right of the BMC logo on the Grid Manager splash screen
- In the version.txt file located in the root directory of the CDP installation
In the name of the installer executable used to install the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform
All of the platform components (CDPs, APs, LAPs, BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio) must be the exact same version. You cannot use BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio version 7.7.01 with a version 7.7.02 CDP, for example.
The version of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content version that you are using
If your query relates to a standard adapter or module, you must also indicate the version number you are using.
- Identify on which operating system you are running your peers
For example: Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Identify on which operating system you are running BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio
- Identify whether you are running your components on virtual or physical platforms
- For faults and unexpected behavior, provide logs relevant to the time the issue occurred. These can include BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio logs or logs from your peers; in both cases, grid.log and processes.log might be useful.
If the standard logs do not contain any obvious messages relating to your issue, you might need to increase the debug level for certain components. For example, if your problem is with an adapter, enable debug-level logging for the adapter and adapter framework components.