Accessing the dashboards
This topic explains how to run the Health and Value Dashboards.
Before you begin
- Ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser. They must be enabled to log into the dashboard.
- Users with access set up in SSO are able to access the dashboard.
Administrators can access the Health Dashboard. Administrators and non-admin users can access the Value Dashboard. Administrators can create Value reports and add reports to the Value Dashboard page.
To access the dashboard
- Enter the URL in a Web browser:
Provide the FQDN and port
- On the login screen, provide the required information and log in.
The dashboard authenticates the login credentials through the configuration distribution peer (CDP).
Authentication is configured using SSO. For more details, see Creating user accounts and groups, assigning user accounts to groups in BMC Atrium SSO.
When authentication is complete the specified dashboard opens.
You can access one grid per browser window. To access another grid, open a new browser window and repeat the previous steps, choosing a different grid in the Grid Server list.
To change the port number
This section provides an overview of how to change the Apache Tomcat server port number and requires some knowledge of working with the Apache Tomcat product. For more information, consult the Apache documentation.
- Ensure that the Tomcat server is not running. If it is running, stop it.
- Navigate to the tomcat/conf directory, locate the server.xml file and open it for editing.
- Search for the following line:
Server port="18080" shutdown="18050"
and change the port number
18080to the new port number.
- Search for the following lines:
<Connector port="18080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
and change 1
8080to the new port number that you used in the previous step.
- Save your changes.
Dashboard session timeout
Once you have logged into the dashboard, the session remains active for 30 minutes with no activity. After 30 minutes the dashboard session times out and you need to log back into the dashboard.