Verifying a peer installation
To verify that the installation of a peer was successful, you can verify that the services are running and launch Grid Manager.
To verify that the services or processes are running
- Locate the following services or processes for Windows
- BAO-CDP1-Configuration Distribution Peer
- BAO-LAP-Lightweight Activity Peer
- If the service or process is not running, use one of the following methods to start it:
- On a Microsoft Windows peer, in the Services panel, right-click the applicable service, and select Start:
- On a Linux and Solaris peer, in the console, type the following command:
To verify that Grid Manager starts
- In a web browser, launch Grid Manager by using the the following format to type the URL:
- fullyQualifiedDomainName is the host name appended with the domain name used to install the CDP.
webServerPort is the port number entered during installation.
The Atrium Single Sign-On logon screen appears.
- Log on using the Atrium Single Sign-On credentials.
- Log on to Grid Manager by using the credentials as created in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
The Status tab shows the grid that you set up when you installed the CDP.
For more information about grids and Grid Manager, see Managing grids.