User goals and features
BMC Atrium Orchestrator product is an IT-process-automation platform that enables you to implement run book automation and use Operator Control Panel (OCP) a web-based interface, that enables operators, such as service desk personnel, network operators, and IT technicians, to run workflows in a semi-automated mode in your IT environment.
Overview of run book automation
The descriptions of the tasks and procedures required to operate an IT environment are typically maintained in a document called a run book. Run book automation, also called IT process automation, improves operational efficiency by automating the manual tasks in a run book. The following list includes the types of tasks that you can automate:
- Verification, diagnosis, and remediation of IT infrastructure failures
- Routine tasks, such as provisioning and decommisioning physical and virtual assets and IT services
- Synchronizing information between Service Desk and other IT management systems
- Orchestrating disaster recovery routines
- Automatically recording configuration operations with change management systems
By automating manual and repetitive IT tasks, run book automation can reduce operational costs and ensure that you remain in compliance and that your best-practice standards are met 100% of the time.
Run book automation with BMC Atrium Orchestrator
BMC Atrium Orchestrator implements run book automation with workflows that can automatically trigger the required IT operations with no or little human interaction.
Built on a high-availability and high-performance grid architecture, BMC Atrium Orchestrator offers out-of-the-box workflows, leveraging your existing systems (monitoring, service desk, BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database, and others) to accelerate IT service execution across your enterprise.