Installing the repository
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation to install the repository. While installing the repository, the installer program requires the configuration settings for connecting to BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
Before you begin
- You must have installed BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and added a BMC Atrium Orchestrator user account.
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC Electronic Product Download (EPD) website.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must have completed the installation worksheet for the repository.
- You must have exited all other programs.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will install the repository.
On Microsoft Windows, you must have the administrator permissions.
On Linux and Solaris, you must have the root permissions or log on as a root user.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, ensure that the system has adequate entropy. For details, see the Atrium Single Sign-On Prerequisites for installation page or the following Knowledge Article: KA000066336.
You must install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and all BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform server components on a same domain.
To install the repository
- Navigate to and start one of the following installation programs:
- Windows: setup.cmd
- UNIX: setup.sh
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- Using the completed installation worksheet, fill in the required settings for the repository.
The installation program verifies the communication settings. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message describing the problem. It resumes the installation process after you provide valid values.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
After you install the repository, a default user AoAdmin is created in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. You can use the following user credentials to log on to the repository:
- User name: AoAdmin
- Password: admin123
- After the installation is complete, you must add the default AoAdmin user to the AoAdmin group in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. For more information about adding a user to a group, see Creating user accounts and groups, assigning user accounts to groups in BMC Atrium SSO.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, ensure that you add the URL for the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Repository in the trusted sites of the browser.
Where to go from here
To ensure that the repository was installed successfully, verify the repository installation.
You can perform either of the following tasks:
- Install content (adapter, modules, and run books). You can also install content later.
- Install the CDP