Installing an LAP
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install a lightweight activity peer (LAP). An LAP extends grid communications to a third-party system but does not execute workflows.
You install the LAPs on a third-party system server, and you install them one at a time.
You cannot install graphing components on an LAP.
Before you begin
- You must have a configuration distribution peer (CDP) installed and configured on a grid.
- You must have completed the LAP installation worksheet, and you must have added the specified peer to the grid, as described in Adding peers.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install the LAP.
On Microsoft Windows, you must have the administrator permissions.
On Linux and Solaris, you must have the root permissions or log on as a root user.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, ensure that the system has adequate entropy. For details, see the Atrium Single Sign-On Prerequisites for installation page or the following Knowledge Article: KA000066336.
- You must have exited all other programs.
You must install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and all BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform server components on a same domain.
To install an LAP
- Navigate to and start one of the following installation programs:
- Windows: setup.cmd
- UNIX: setup.sh
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- At the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install new Orchestrator components; then click Next.
- Using the LAP installation worksheet, enter the settings for the LAP component.
The installation program validates communication with the grid and the CDP Communications Setting panel shows the connection success or failure message.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard review your settings
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
Where to go from here
If you have not already done so, you can install BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio, or any of the following peers: