Installing a CDP as a high-availability CDP
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install a secondary configuration distribution peer (CDP) for high availability. During its installation, the secondary CDP searches for and uses the primary CDP, and the repository configuration settings.
For more information about high availability, see Configuring BMC Atrium Orchestrator for high-availability.
Before you begin
- BMC Atrium Single Sign-On must be installed and configured.
- The repository and primary CDP must be installed and running.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install the additional CDP.
On Microsoft Windows, you must have the administrator permissions.
On Linux and Solaris, you must have the root permissions or log on as a root user.
- You must have completed the HA-CDP installation worksheet, and you must have added the specified peer to the grid, as described in Adding peers.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, ensure that the system has adequate entropy. For details, see the Atrium Single Sign-On Prerequisites for installation page or the following Knowledge Article: KB000066336.
You must install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and all BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform server components on a same domain.
To install a CDP as a high-availability CDP
- Navigate to and start one of the following installation programs:
- Windows: setup.cmd
- UNIX: setup.sh
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install new Orchestrator components, and click Next.
- Using the HA-CDP installation worksheet, fill in the settings to install a CDP as the HA-CDP.
The installation program validates communication with the grid and the CDP Communications Setting panel shows the connection success or failure message.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
Where to go from here
If you have not already done so, you can install BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio, or any of the following peers: