Installing a CDP
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install a configuration distribution peer (CDP). During installation of a CDP, the installation program searches for and uses the configuration settings for the repository and BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
Before you begin
- BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and the repository must be installed and running and you must have exited all other programs.
- You must have completed the CDP installation worksheet.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights for the computer on which you install the CDP.
On Microsoft Windows, you must have the administrator permissions.
On Linux and Solaris, you must have the root permissions or log on as a root user.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, ensure that the system has adequate entropy. For details, see the Atrium Single Sign-On Prerequisites for installation page or the following Knowledge Article: KA000066336.
You must install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and all BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform server components on a same domain.
To install a CDP
- Navigate to and start one of the following installation programs:
- Windows: setup.cmd
- UNIX: setup.sh
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information, and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install new Orchestrator components, and click Next.
- Using the installation worksheet, fill in the settings to install the CDP.
The installation program verifies the communication with the repository. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, the installation process halts and an error message describes the problem. The installation process resumes after you provide valid values.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, then ensure that you add the URL for the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager in the trusted sites of the browser.
Where to go from here
To ensure that the CDP was installed successfully, verify the CDP installation.
You can install BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio or any of the following peers:
- High-availability configuration distribution peer (HA-CDP)
- Lightweight activity peer (LAP)
- Activity peer (AP)