This section provides information to help resolve problems with BMC Atrium Orchestrator. It also describes the log files created by BMC Atrium Orchestrator.
Many problems are resolved with proper time synchronization. Verify that the date and time values for the peers housing BMC Atrium Orchestrator components are synchronized within a tolerance of five seconds. BMC Software recommends a network time protocol (NTP) server to manage synchronization.
You can avoid many problems by ensuring there is not a port conflict in your environment. Verify the port requirements before continuing troubleshooting activities.
This section includes the following topics:
- Troubleshooting the installation
- Collecting diagnostics
- Working with logs
- CDP server fails to start
- Graphing server fails to start
- XML context item is handled as a string
- Schedule with XML input item fails to work
- Convert JSON to XML workflows fail to do the conversion
- Embedded context items with XML fail to resolve properly
- Troubleshooting problems in BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio
- Troubleshooting problems in BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel
- Reference material for troubleshooting
- Error messages