BMC Atrium Orchestrator offers several management tools you can use to manage the BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment.
- Grid Manager manages grids and peers.
- Repository Manager manages content.
- Access Manager manages user accounts and roles.
This section includes the following topics:
- Logging on
- Navigating the Grid Manager interface
- Starting and stopping product components and services
- Configuring BMC Atrium Orchestrator for high availability
- Managing grids
- Managing peers
- Managing users and user roles
- Managing modules on the grid
- Managing processes and schedules
- Managing adapters on the grid
- Managing content in the repository
- Managing metrics and audit records
About Access Manager
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Access Manager provides open, standards-based authentication and policy-based authorization within a single, unified framework.
Access Manager offers centralized user and role management for BMC Atrium Orchestrator environments. You can use Access Manager to create, manage, and remove system users and roles. It supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) connections. Access Manager provides an interface to manage single sign-on (SSO) functionality. SSO provides solution-wide authentication and authorization security, enabling user access to all BMC Atrium Orchestrator components and external systems from a single logon session.
From this single interface, system administrators can:
- Manage user accounts
- Create, change, or remove roles
- Enable or disable logon access to BMC Atrium Orchestrator by account
- Configure SSO connections to external systems
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Access Manager is a web-based application. The functions that you can access and the tabs that you can see depend on the role assigned to your logon account. Users with the administrator role can see the Profile, Accounts, Roles, and Configure SSO tabs. Users with any other role can see only the Profile tab.
About Grid Manager
The BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform is the backbone of the BMC Atrium Orchestrator solution. BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager is a key platform component that enables you to monitor and manage a BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment.
It resides on the configuration distribution peer (CDP) server and you can use it to:
- Create, manage, and remove grids, peers, adapters, and process schedules
- Activate and deactivate modules
- Provide an audit trail for all workflow processes on the grid
- Display information about the running state for all configured grids
- Capture key system performance indicators for grids, peers, and workflows
- Centralize administrative tasks
- Provision a database for audit tracking
- Schedule processes
- Modify module configuration
- Manage dynamic load distribution
- Configure a database for tracking audit records
Using BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager, IT administrators gain efficiency with real-time views of and control over grid components. BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager houses all grid component configuration files, enabling easy distribution and updates of configuration information. The administration and management of operations process modules also resides within BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager. Administrators can control or terminate scheduled processes, and manage peers, peer components, and adapters to handle issues that arise or accommodate maintenance windows.
You can configure multiple databases in BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager to store audit records, grid metrics, process metrics, and business metrics. The database configuration requires an initialized instance of a database, designated for records or metrics collection.
You can perform almost all of the administration activities for BMC Atrium Orchestrator through the Access Manager and Grid Manager user interfaces. However for some troubleshooting or other activities you might be directed to files located in the AO_Home directory. AO_Home is a shorthand for the directory you installed BMC Atrium Orchestrator. For example, on a Windows computer AO_Home for the CDP might be C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AO\ and AO_Home for Access Manager might be C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AO_AM\.
About Repository Manager
The centrally located repository stores information about modules and adapters. This information is available to every grid.
You can import modules into BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio from the repository and revise or reconfigure them. Then, as you export them back to the repository, they are assigned versions. In Grid Manager, you can access any of the saved versions and activate them on the grid.
Use the content installer to upload adapters to the repository.