NetApp Storage actor adapter requests and responses
Actor adapter requests use a set of elements,
<operation-name>, in the adapter nodes to execute a Java API call. The set of values used to make each API call is referred to as an operation.
You use the information in this section with the Call Adapter activity to create an adapter request. For detailed instructions about how to use the Call Adapter activity, see Call Adapter activity and Creating and configuring the Call Adapter activity.
Before you write an adapter request
Note the following points:
- Special characters used in a text field are wrapped in the CDATA tag.
- When executing a sample request from this documentation you must ensure that the supporting data is present in the NetApp DataFabric Manager application.
- If a large number of records is associated with the query, the execution of the request might take some time.
Supported categories of operations
The actor adapter can perform the following categories of operations:
- Aggregate operations
- Backup operation
- Clone operations for NetApp Storage adapter
- Custom field operations
- Dataset operations
- Filer operation
- Generic actions operations
- Host operation for the NetApp Storage adapter
- IGroup operations
- Job operations
- LUN operations
- NAS security configuration operations
- Protection policy operations
- Provisioning policy operations
- Resource pool operations
- Storage service operations
- VFiler operations
- VFiler template operations
- Volume operations for the NetApp Storage adapter