Amazon EC2 REST adapter
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that enables you to launch and manage resizeable computing capacity or server instances in Amazon data centers that you use to build and host your software systems. The BMC Atrium Orchestrator application adapter for the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud EC2 REST provides the interface between the workflow processes and Amazon EC2.
The application adapter for Amazon EC2 REST contains an actor adapter and an adapter module, which comprises workflow processes that perform the standard application actions available through the Amazon EC2 REST web services.
Starting BMC Atrium Orchestrator 20.15.02, the Amazon EC2 adapter is deprecated and will no longer be available. BMC recommends using the Amazon EC2 REST adapter for your Amazon EC2 requirements.
The actor adapter enables you to perform the following categories of operations in Amazon EC2:
- Amazon Machine Image operations
- Instance operations
- Key Pair operations
- Monitoring operations
- Security Group operations
- Utility operations
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) operations
- Windows operations
Use the following topics to start using the adapter:
- Supported versions of Amazon EC2
- Prerequisites for the Amazon EC2 REST adapter
- Asynchronous behavior of the Amazon EC2 REST adapter
- Configuring the Amazon EC2 REST adapter
- Amazon EC2 REST actor adapter requests and responses