Support for Java
This topic describes BMC’s support for Java starting from January 1, 2019 and actions required for TrueSight Orchestration (formerly known as BMC Atrium Orchestrator).
Recent announcements by Oracle about commercializing Java have resulted in questions about how BMC will handle Java in the TrueSight products.
Product versions releasing after January 1, 2019
- Oracle Java 8 will not be bundled with the product installation files.
- All server components, Development Studio, and TrueSight Orchestration Content will be certified for Azul Java 8.
- Solaris support for components will be dropped from January 1, 2019.
Product versions released prior to January 1, 2019
- BMC recommends that you upgrade to the most recent product version to get all the available fixes and security updates.
- Users can continue to use the older supported components with Oracle Java 8. If a security update is needed, BMC will provide instructions on how to replace the existing Java environment with an updated and supported type.