Application adapters enable BMC Atrium Orchestrator workflow processes to perform specialized functions and to interact with an external system by providing an interface between the workflow processes and the external system.
The BMC Atrium Orchestrator application adapter for ServiceNow consists of an actor, a monitor adapter, and workflow processes.
The actor adapter performs specialized functions and serves as an interface to interact with external systems. The monitor adapter obtains data from an external system and generates an event message. Depending on the monitor adapter, it can obtain data by:
- Pulling data from an external system by polling the system
- Receiving data that is pushed from an external system
The event is evaluated by rules and can trigger specific workflow processes when the rule criteria are met.
The following topics provide information about using the ServiceNow adapter.
- Supported versions of ServiceNow
- Prerequisites for the ServiceNow actor adapter
- Configuring the ServiceNow actor adapter
- IMW Support for the ServiceNow adapter
- Module for the ServiceNow adapter
- ServiceNow actor adapter requests and responses
- ServiceNow monitor adapter
- Troubleshooting the ServiceNow adapter