Downloading the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content installation file
This topic explains how to obtain the files that you need for installation from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site. To understand which files you are entitled to download based on the licenses that you purchased, see License entitlements. This topic contains the following sections:
Downloading the installation files
The BMC Atrium Orchestrator platform and content installation files are available for download from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content consists of application adapters, base adapters, operations actions management modules, and run books. You can install any component by using the content installer.
To download the product installation files
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose. Use the Profile list to select a different profile.
- From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type BMC Atrium Orchestrator and press Enter, or click Go.
- From the list of products displayed on the right side, click BMC Atrium Orchestrator Application Adapters or the option appropriate to your product license.
- In the pop-up window, select the Version (default selection is the latest GA version), the Platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click one of the following tabs, and select the check boxes next to the files and documents to download:
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
Products—Displays the product files and supplementary related files available for download, including service pack files.
- Patches—Displays the patch files available for download.
- License Information—Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation—Displays the Online Technical Documentation links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each tab.
- To go back to the product listing page to download other product files, or to logout from EPD, click the << Back to Product List link that is displayed to the top-right of the pop-up window.
- Using the release information for each product that you download, carefully review the installation requirements and prerequisites for your platform.