Configuration mappings relate the elements in a concept to the source fields of the target system. The source fields of the target system are accessed through the workflow adapter. The workflow uses the source fields in its adapter call to read data from the target system. After the adapter reads the data, the data is mapped to the concept element defined in the concept-to-source mapping table, which enables the workflow to manipulate the data now stored in the concept element.
Using the Operations Actions Management modules requires that you complete the following steps:
- Identify the source fields that the workflow will process.
Select only those fields that will participate in workflow processing.
- Using a table similar to the Concept-to-source mapping table, map the source fields to the concept element that represents that type of field.
- Add the concept-to-source mappings to the module configuration of the workflow.
- Make any minor processing changes to the workflow.
- Execute the workflow using the source data as input and receive similar output.
The following concept-to-source mapping table maps the elements in the concept to the source field names in the target Change Management system:
Concept-to-source mapping table
Concept element name
Source field name
Infrastructure Change ID
Specifies the unique identifier of the change request
Specifies the priority of the change request
Specifies a description of the change
Specifies a status of the change
Specifies the impact of the change
Specifies the urgency of the change request
Specifies the type of change requested
Specifies when the change should occur
Identifies the risk level associated with the change
Specifies the name of the company requesting the change
Identifies the location of the company requesting the change
Identifies the first name of the requester
Identifies the last name of the requester