Using the concept editor
Using concepts to hold input values being passed to BMC Atrium Orchestrator workflows enables you to pass structured data between an IT management system and a BMC Atrium Orchestrator workflow. You can represent a structure, such as a change request, in a concept.
With the concept mappings established, the modules construct workflows that use the element names in the concept. Workflows adapt to different IT management systems through the concept mappings. If changes are made to the field names in the target IT management system, a corresponding value change occurs in the module configuration mapping entry. Because the workflows use the concept's element names, changes are not needed at the workflow level.
To use the concept editor
- In the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio application, open a module workflow and display it on the process canvas.
- From the Activity Palette, click and drag an Assign activity to the process canvas.
- Double-click the Assign activity to display the property panel.
- Click Add to create a new assign statement.
- Enter the Assign activity properties shown in the following table:
Assign activity properties
Enter a description or name for the Assign activity.
Input Parameter type
- Context item
- Module configuration
- System parameter
- Dynamic context
Select a value. Possible values vary based on the parameter type selected.
Output Context type
Select Context item.
Use the context browser to select a context item, or add a new one.
Select the Concept check box.
Browse the folders of available concepts for the unbundled modules in the current grid.
- Click OK, and then perform one of the following actions:
- Click Add to create another assign statement.
- Click OK to return to the process canvas.