Installing Operator-initiated for BMC Remedyforce content
This topic provides a high-level description of the installation tasks required to implement the Operator-initiated Run Book for BMC Remedyforce.
Before you begin
Ensure that the following prerequisites are completed before installing the Operator-initiated Run Book for BMC Remedyforce.
- BMC Server Automation version 8.5 is installed and running.
- BMC Remedyforce version 20.13.02.015.053 is installed and configured to support the run book. For more information, see Configuring BMC Remedyforce for the operator-initiated change run book.
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.6.03 is installed and the configuration distribution peer (CDP) is up and running. For more information about installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform, see .
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator CDP connection detail are provided in the BMC Server Automation console. For more information about adding the CDP connection details, see in the BMC Server Automation 8.5 space.
- You must have downloaded the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content 20.14.01 installer file from BMC Support site. For more information about downloading the installation files, see Downloading the installation files.
The following table lists those BMC Software products that must be installed and operating prior to implementing the run book. The list in the following table reflects the product versions that have been tested as compatible at the time of this release. For up-to-date information, see the product compatibility matrix on the Customer Support website athttp://www.bmc.com/support.
|BMC Server Automation||8.5|
|BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform|
|BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content||20.14.01|
Installing the content for the Operator-initiated Run Book for BMC Remedyforce
Perform the following procedure to install the operator-initiated run book for BMC Remedyforce.
- Navigate to and start the installation program.
- Windows: setup.cmd
- Linux: setup.sh
- Solaris: setup.sh
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Directory Selection panel, accept the default location, or click Browse to select a different location; then click Next.
- On the Repository Communications Settings panel, enter the repository settings, and click Next:
- Web Server Protocol: Select http.
- Host Name or IP Address: Enter the host name or IP address of the repository.
- Web Server Port Number: Enter the port number specified while installing the repository.
- Repository User: You can specify any user.
- Repository Password: Specify a password for the user.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Custom feature set, and click Next.
Do not select BSM Solutions unless you have purchased a BMC solution and have reviewed the applicable documentation for that solution.
- On the Adapter feature selection panel, select the check box against the following adapters and click Next.
- BMC Remedyforce
- BMC Server Automation
- On the Module feature selection panel, select the check box against the following modules and click Next.
- BladeLogic ITSM Integration
- AutoPilot OA Task Management
- AutoPilot OA Change Management
- AutoPilot AD Utilities
- AutoPilot OA Common Utilities
- On the Installation Preview panel, review the features, and then click Install.
- When the installation is finished, click Done.