Configuring DEP on Windows computers
Before installing or upgrading the components on a Windows computer, you must configure the data execution prevention (DEP) feature to recognize the installation program. If DEP is not configured to recognize the installation program, it can block the installation program from continuing and an error message might appear, stating that you must configure your computer before you can proceed with the installation.
To configure DEP on Windows computers
- Use the method appropriate for your computer:
- On the Windows desktop, right-click the My Computer icon, and select Properties.
- On a Windows VM, select Start > Control Panel > System.
- Select the Advanced tab, and under the Performance heading, select Settings.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab, and click Add.
- Select path\installationDirectory\installerName, and click Apply.
- Click OK, and click OK again to close the System Properties window.