APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL 4.0
This space contains information about the following releases of the following products or solutions:
- APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for IMS
- APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for DB2
- APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL for VSAM
The APPLICATION RESTART CONTROL (AR/CTL) products work separately or together to provide services for application programs that use the following types of data structures:
- Sequential files, using queued sequential access method (QSAM)
- IBM DB2 tables
- IBM IMS full-function, Fast Path, and/or GSAM databases
- Virtual storage access method (VSAM) data sets
- Any combinations of these data structures
AR/CTL for IMS works independently in application programs that use IMS databases only, sequential files only, or both. AR/CTL for IMS works with AR/CTL for VSAM in programs that use IMS databases and VSAM data sets. These programs can also use sequential files. AR/CTL for IMS works with AR/CTL for DB2 in programs that use DB2 tables, IMS databases, and DB2-oriented services of AR/CTL in an IMS environment. These programs can also use sequential files. However, AR/CTL for IMS can work alone with programs that use DB2 tables and IMS databases but do not use the DB2-oriented services of AR/CTL.
Product guides (PDFs) for each release that this space supports
Product notices (PDFs) before April 24, 2017
For more recent notices, see Latest notices.
Supported versions and how to contact Support.
BMC forums or sites with related information